two young have been rescued alive this tuesday after 198 hours trapped under rubble of two buildings in the Turkish city of kahramanmarascollapsed by the fort earthquake that nine days ago shook the southeast of Turkey and the north of Syriacausing more than 34,500 fatalities.
The television channels broadcast live the rescue of Muhammed Enes, 17, and Abdulbaki, 20who were sent to hospitals with injuries of varying degrees.
Also, they hope they can save another young man, Muhammed Cafer Çetin18 years old, in the city of Adiyaman.
As reported by the broadcaster CNNTurkthe lifeguards had contacted Çetin, who could speak, and they estimate his situation to be good, so they hope to get him out of the rubble shortly.
These rescues are already considered “miracles”given that they occur nine days after thousands of buildings collapsed in ten provinces of Turkey, where in the first days more than 80,000 people injured.
It is estimated that there are still tens of thousands under the rubble, while many are also left homeless.
Nevertheless, rescue work has stopped in most places and foreign rescue teams have begun to return to their countries, while cranes and other work machines have begun to remove the rubble.
“Now, under the freezing winter conditions, the main need is tentscontainers,” said the president of the Ankara Chamber of Architects, Tezcan Karakus Candan, on Tuesday in Gaziantep.
“May your Valentine’s gift be a tent for the victims of the earthquake,” insisted the expert after inspecting the affected regions.
Speaking to halktvthe architect blamed the regime of the president, Recep Tayyip Erdoganof the great lethal dimension of the earthquake.
“Nothing can describe what we see. Here there is no one on the streets. Yesterday we were in Hatay. There is no city anymore.”
“The Government is placing all the blame on some builders to get rid of their responsibility. If the necessary scientific measures were taken, not so many people would die. It’s a mass murder“, held.
According to the vice president fuat oktayUntil last midnight, tent camps had been established in 257 points on an area of 110 square kilometers spread over 10 provinces.
In addition, the infrastructure of 27 container “cities” has been completed, with the aim of having between 150,000 and 200,000 containers.
“Container shipments to 10 provinces and districts have started (…) We have container cities of approximately 4,900 containers. There are already some 20,000 people housed in these containers,” Oktay said.
(With information from EFE)
The video that shows how the Kahramanmaras highway was left after the earthquake in Turkey
A woman survived 177 hours in the rubble and was rescued a week after the earthquake in Turkey
The Syrian regime opened two border crossings with Turkey for the entry of humanitarian aid