The Israeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahuconfirmed this Saturday state of war in his first public intervention after the surprise attack By land, sea and air of Palestinian terrorists against Israel from the Gaza Stripwhich has left at least 22 dead and hundreds of injured.
“Citizens of Israel, we are at war. Not in an operation, they are not rounds of combat, it is a war,” Netanyahu said in a video broadcast on his social networks.
“We are at war and we will win it”He stressed, hours after the start of the Hamas attack, considered a terrorist group by Israel, the United States and the European Union.
“I ordered, first of all, that the communities into which terrorists had infiltrated be evacuated. This is currently being carried out. At the same time, I have ordered a broad mobilization of reserves and a return fire of a magnitude the enemy has never known. The enemy will pay an unprecedented price”he added.
Israel bombed several Hamas facilities in the Gaza Strip from the air as the start of its operation “Iron Swords”in response to the surprise attack that the Islamist group launched this morning towards Israeli territory under the name of operation “Al Aqsa Storm”, and which has included the launch of thousands of rockets and the incursion of armed terrorists by land, sea and air within Israeli territory.
So far, six deaths and hundreds of injuries have been confirmed on the Israeli side.
Gaza militias They continue launching rockets and the air raid sirens have not stopped sounding throughout the morning in cities in southern and central Israel, including Tel Aviv and Jerusalem.
In Jerusalem, the streets are deserted by civilians, many of them sheltered in armored shelters, while numerous police troops patrol and thoroughly inspect the streets, parks and parking lots of shopping centers.
In this regard, the president of the European Commission, Ursula von der LeyenI affirm that “Israel has the right to defend itself”
”I unequivocally condemn the attack carried out by Hamas terrorists against Israel. It is terrorism in its most despicable form. “Israel has the right to defend itself from such atrocious attacks,” Von der Leyen said through a publication on the social network X, formerly called Twitter.
For his part, the high representative of the European Union (EU) for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy, the Spanish Josep Borrellexpressed his “solidarity” with Israel in the name of the Twenty-Seven and requested the end of hostilities because, according to the head of community diplomacy, “violence solves nothing”.
”We follow with anguish the news that comes from Israel. We unequivocally condemn the attacks by Hamas. This horrible violence must stop immediately. Terrorism and violence do not solve anything. The EU expresses its solidarity with Israel in these difficult times,” Borrell wrote on his X account.
While the president of the European Council, Charles Michel, “strongly condemned” Hamas’ onslaught against Israel and regretted that the attacks had caused “terror and violence against innocent citizens”.
”I strongly condemn the indiscriminate attacks launched against Israel and its people this morning, inflicting terror and violence against innocent citizens. My thoughts are with all the victims. The EU stands in solidarity with the Israeli people in this horrible moment,” Michel expressed on the social network X.
(With information from EFE)