Mobile connection with other devices is a great advantage when there is no Wifi close. And so that this does not become a problem, it is better to make sure that data consumption does not skyrocket, especially when the speed is not really comfortable.
Fortunately, most devices have the option to limit internet usage without having to manually monitor it; what is called metered usage or low data mode.
How to automatically limit data spending
There are several ways to avoid wasting gigabytes on your computer, such as limiting background usage, removing mobile data access from top-hungry apps, unchecking automatic updates from any network, and avoiding streaming media as much as possible. But there is an important one to use when sharing data, it is called Metered Usage.
Metered usage is an automatic setting to prevent wasted gigabytes and slow mobile data.
To enable the option you have to go to all mobile phones, tablets Y computers that normally connect the mobile phone from which the internet is being shared. Android, iOS Y Windows They provide the ability to limit consumption in access points by connection.
How to limit data consumption on Android
1. Access the cell phone settings and enter the options Wifi.
2. Make sure you have connected to the mobile hotspot and click on the Advanced Options of the network (in the Android that connects to the Wifi).
3. Mark ‘Metered Usage Network’ or a similar option. From that moment on, the cell phone will automatically avoid downloading large amounts of data.
Not all Android phones include the metered usage option. Also, the activation menu may vary.
How to limit data consumption on iPhone
1. Go to phone settings (or tablet if you are a iPad) and enter the options Wifi.
2. Turn on the access point in the mobile from which the Internet is shared and click on the icon of the ‘Yo’ in the iPhone to access advanced settings.
3. Check the box for ‘Reduced data mode‘.
How to limit data consumption in Windows
1. Connect to the Wi-Fi network of the cell phone and click on the net bottom icon in the taskbar, next to the clock.
2. Select ‘Properties’.
3. Scroll down until the setting of ‘Measured use’. Select it.
How to create a Wifi password QR code on iPhone and iPad
– Open the Shortcuts app on your iPhone or iPad.
– Now tap on the section Gallery at the bottom of the screen. Here what will be done will be download the shortcut already createdso you don’t have to do it yourself from scratch.
– Write “Wifi” in the top search bar (include the “-”).
– You will see a shortcut called Wi-Fi QR.
– Tap on the icon Plus (+) to add it to the shortcuts.
– Go to the tab my shortcuts, in the bottom bar.
– Play Wi-Fi QR.
– Now, you will have to write the name and password of the Wi-Fi network. You have to be careful not to make mistakes. Play Clever when this step is finished.
– The QR code will have been successfully generated. However, now you have to save it in the gallery to share it or search for it whenever you need it. For it, tap on the image.
– Now choose the button Share in the lower left corner of the screen, and then touch Save Picture.
Test on the internet to know what profession to study
How to measure internet speed
This is how you can avoid theft when planning vacations online