Last week the new iPhone 14 and while it is common for other brands to provide all their specifications, Apple does not provide data on battery capacity (or RAM).
However, thanks to other sources, it is possible to know the exact battery life of these new smart phones.
Also, important data has been found that suggests that some models have significantly increased capacity while others have decreased it.
At MacRumors, they discovered the capabilities of the new smartphone from Manzana via a document saved from a Chinese regulatory database. In this regard, a greater capacity is seen than the previous models, with the exception of the 14 Pro Max:
-iPhone 14: 3,279 mAh (52 mAh more than the iPhone 13).
-iPhone 14 Plus: 4,325mAh
-iPhone 14 Pro: 3,200 mAh (105 mAh more than the iPhone 13 Pro).
-iPhone 14 Pro Max: 4,323 mAh (29 mAh less than the iPhone 13 Pro Max).
So you can see that, in theory, there is a clear improvement in this new generation. There is no comparison with the 14 Plus since it is an unreleased model and comparing it with the iPhone 13 mini (2,406 mAh) is certainly unfair.
What stands out is the drop in power at the top of the range. It’s only 29 mAh less, but a reduction in the end.
According to Apple, this is the real autonomy that the iPhone 14 gives
In the event that it is not possible to thoroughly test these new devicesyou can see based on the data provided by Apple, what is the difference between this new generation and the previous one in terms of autonomy:
– Up to 16 hours of streaming video playback (3 hours more than the iPhone 13).
– Up to 20 hours of local video playback (3 hours more than the iPhone 13).
– Up to 80 hours of audio playback (25 hours more than the iPhone 13).
– Up to 20 hours of streaming video playback.
– Up to 26 hours in local video playback.
– Up to 100 hours of audio playback.
iPhone 14 Pro
– Up to 20 hours of streaming video playback (same as iPhone 13 Pro).
– Up to 23 hours of local video playback (1 hour more than the iPhone 13 Pro).
– Up to 75 hours of audio playback (same as iPhone 13 Pro).
iPhone 14 ProMax
– Up to 25 hours of streaming video playback (same as iPhone 13 Pro Max).
– Up to 29 hours of local video playback (1 hour more than the iPhone 13 Pro).
– Up to 95 hours of audio playback (same as iPhone 13 Pro Max).
A small general improvement can be observed, even in the case of the Pro Max model that, although reduced in capacity, is still up to its predecessor and even exceeds it in some parts.
In any case, it is still waiting to be able to thoroughly test each terminal in different uses and thus know its behavior compared to the previous generation and, incidentally, face its competition.
iPhone: this is how videos and photos are hidden from the gallery
How and when to install iOS 16 on an iPhone: what’s new and compatible models
iPhone 14: how much are the new devices worth and when will they be available