He Iran regime warned that the proposal USA to display a international naval coalition to protect maritime traffic in the Red Sea from attacks by Houthi rebels of the Yemen will face “extraordinary problems”.
”If they carry out such an irrational measure they will face extraordinary problems,” said Defense Minister Brigadier General Mohammad Reza AshtianiThe agency reported this Thursday ISNA.
”No one can make movements in a region where we predominate,” said Ashtiani.
The United States stated last week that it is studying the deployment of an international naval force together with other allied countries to confront the attacks on ships in the Red Sea by Yemen’s Houthi rebels, allies of Iran.
Following the outbreak of war between Israel and the Palestinian terrorist group Hamas in Gaza, the Houthis have attacked several commercial ships that transited off its coasts through the Red Sea to accuse them of being linked to the Jewish State.
More recently, they stated that They would attack any ship transiting near Yemen and heading to an Israeli portwhich has raised alarm bells in the international community due to the safety of ships and the importance of the Red Sea for world trade.
Additionally, in mid-November, insurgents captured the vehicle-carrying cargo ship “Galaxy Leader,” which is owned by a British company but operated by the Japanese shipping company Nippon Yusen (NYK Line), although it would be partially owned by an Israeli businessman. .
The president of Israel, Isaac Herzoghe claimed yesterday “a truly international coalition” to combat Yemen’s Houthi rebels.
The Iranian regime leads the call Resistance Axisan informal alliance formed by terrorist organizations such as Hezbollahthe Houthi rebels, the Hamas jihadist movement and the Islamic Jihadin addition to a myriad of groups in Iraq and Syria.
The attack on a tanker and the US response
Washington confirmed that he responded to a stroke carried out by Shia rebels Houthis in it Red Sea against a tanker ship flag of the Marshall Islands and destroyed a drone launched from insurgent territory that caused no casualties, according to the Central Command of USA.
“At approximately 08:30 local time on December 13, in the south of the Red Seahe guided missile destroyer ‘Arleigh-Burke class USS Mason (DDG 87)‘ responded to a distress call from the US flag tanker Marshall Islands ‘Ardmore Encounter‘, which was being attacked by forces Houthis. These forces first attempted to address the oil through skiffs“said the source in a statement.
The insurgents yemenis “They shot a couple of missiles against the ship” by failing to board the ship, but “they did not hit their target,” the note states.
He added that when responding to the tanker’s distress call, the destroyer “shot down an unmanned aerial vehicle” also launched from areas controlled by the Houthis that it was heading “directly” toward the American destroyer and “was shot down in self-defense”.
“There were no injuries to personnel or damage to any boat. He ‘Ardmore Encounter‘was able to continue without further incidents,’ he concluded.
(With information from EFE)