Israel Defense Forces strike new Hezbollah terrorist targets in Lebanon

The Israel Defense Forces (FDI) carried out last night and this Wednesday morning air strikes against targets of Hezbollah terrorist group in the south of Lebanon.

In Labbouneh, according to the IDF, a fighter jet hit a military building and other infrastructure belonging to the organization.

This morning, the Army said its troops hit a Hezbollah site in Naqourafrom which projectiles had been fired at Israel.

While at night a fighter hit a military complex of the organization in Kfarchoubathe IDF added.

“Hezbollah’s current terrorist activity and its attacks against Israel violate UN Security Council Resolution 1701,” the Israeli Army said.

These attacks against Hezbollah bases follow those of yesterday, when the Israeli Army claimed to have killed a commander of his air unit in southern Lebanon, Ali Hussein Barjiwhom he accused of having launched numerous explosive drones against Israelalthough the Shiite group later denied that he had died.

The attack on Barji occurred during the funeral of Wisam Hasan Taweeltop commander of the elite Radwan special forces, Hezbollah’s top man killed in three months of hostilitieswhen an Israeli missile hit his vehicle the day before.

The escalation of tension between Israel and Hezbollah has been increasing since Tuesday of last week, when a Bombing in Beirut attributed to Israel killed the number two of the Hamas terrorist group, Saleh al Arouri.

Since then, fears have been revived that a larger war could break out between the two sides, as a second to the conflict in the Gaza Strip between Israel and Hamas.

The border between Israel and Lebanon is experiencing its highest voltage spike since 2006 with an intense exchange of fire for three months that has claimed the lives of more than 200 people.

IDF bombed more than 150 Hamas terrorist targets in northern Gaza Strip

Israel intensified its attacks against Hamas terrorists in southern and central Gazawhere he reached more than 150 targets in one day, while the north of the territory was almost under your control after weeks of fighting.

Israeli forces bombed several Hamas militants in Khan Younisits fiefdom in the south of Gaza and where its top leader is presumed to be hiding, Yahya Sinwarand they killed many others with the 98th Army division that operates in the area.

(IDF)

According to a military note, troops also detected and neutralized a terrorist who planted an explosive near a road used by soldiers. “The Air Force was requested to attack it and eliminate the terrorist danger,” he said.

The Israeli Minister of Defense, Yoav Gallanthe stated this Tuesday in a meeting with the US Secretary of State, Anthony Blinkenthat the operation in Khan Younis will continue “until necessary” to eliminate the Hamas leadershipin reference to Sinwar, and recover the 136 hostages that he has in the Strip.

In Maghazi, in the center of the territory, the Golani Brigade – an elite unit – conducted airstrikes against numerous Hamas members and found 15 tunnel entrances and a large number of weapons.

“In selective searches at military sites in the area, troops found rocket launchers, missiles, drones and explosives. Likewise, the troops destroyed a machine used to manufacture rockets,” he indicated.

US and UK foiled biggest Houthi attack

He US Central Command (CENTCOM) reported this Tuesday that its forces and those of the United Kingdom They intercepted 21 drones and planes launched by the Houthi rebels of Yemen in it Red Seain the largest attack of this type since the insurgents began their offensive against ships related to Israel.

According to a statement, the Houthis, supported by the Iran regimefired at 9:15 p.m. local time on January 9 from areas under their control in Yemen a group of attack drones Iranian-made one-way missiles, cruise missiles and a ballistic missile against the southern Red Sea, where dozens of merchant ships on international routes.

A Houthi military helicopter flies over the Galaxy Leader cargo ship in the Red Sea in this photo released November 20, 2023. Houthi Military Media/Handout via REUTERS/File
A Houthi military helicopter flies over the Galaxy Leader freighter in the Red Sea in this photo released November 20, 2023. Houthi Military Media/Handout via REUTERS/File (HOUTHI MILITARY MEDIA/)

The drones and missiles were shot down by F/A-18 fighter jets who operated from the aircraft carrier USS Dwight D. Eisenhowera British destroyer and three American destroyers, CENTCOM explained, stating that there were no injuries or damage reported.

The US and UK naval units, which are part of the coalition led by Washington created last month, they shot down 18 drones, two cruise missiles and one ballistic missile, with no injuries or damage to the vessels reported, according to the text.

This is the 26th attack by the rebels against commercial maritime routes in the Red Sea, through which about 15% of the world tradesince November 19.

The US recalled that the January 3 Fourteen countries, including yours, issued a joint statement warning the Houthis that they “will be held responsible for the consequences if they continue to threaten lives, the global economy or free trade in the region’s critical waters.”

This incident coincides with the tour of Blinken by Middle East to seek support to stop the war in the Gaza Stripin a context of increasing Houthi attacks against commercial vessels linked to Israel.

Blinken met this Wednesday with the president of the Palestinian Authority (PA), Mahmoud Abbasand assured him Washington supports “tangible steps” toward the creation of a Palestinian state.

US Secretary of State Antony Blinken (L) meets with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas during his week-long trip aimed at calming tensions in the Middle East, at Muqata'a in Ramallah, West Bank, on 10 January 2024. JAAFAR ASHTIYEH/Pool via REUTERS
US Secretary of State Antony Blinken (L) meets with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas during his week-long trip aimed at calming tensions in the Middle East, at Muqata’a in Ramallah, West Bank, on 10 January 2024. JAAFAR ASHTIYEH/Pool via REUTERS (POOL/)

The American reiterated the White House’s long-held position that un Palestinian state must coexist with Israel, “and both must live in peace and security”State Department spokesman Matthew Miller said in a statement.

The diplomat also called on Israel to hand over the tax revenue owed to Palestinians.

Blinken “underscored the United States’ position that all Palestinian tax revenue collected by Israel must be systematically delivered to the Palestinian Authority in accordance with previous agreements,” Miller said.

Israel has been withholding some of the funds for years, for issues such as PA payments to Palestinian terrorist prisoners and their families.

For his part, Abbas warned Blinken of the risk that the Palestinian people be displaced from the Gaza Strip and the West Bank.

“President Abbas warned of the danger of measures taken by the Israeli occupation authorities aimed at displacing the Palestinian people from the Gaza Strip or the West Bank, including Jerusalem, which were revealed by statements issued by Israeli ministers and officials, calling for the expulsion of the Palestinian people from their land,” indicated the official Palestinian agency Wafa.

“We will not allow this to happen.”“Abbas highlighted.

(With information from EFE, Europa Press and AFP)

Source-www.infobae.com