the mexican actor paul lyle communicated that will not testify this Monday in the trial that is followed against him for a case of involuntary manslaughter occurred in 2019, events resulting in death of Juan Ricardo Hernández, 63 years old and of Cuban origin.
Lyle, 35, told Judge Marisa Tinkler Méndezat the forefront of the case Miami-Dade Criminal Courtwho on his own initiative and under the advice of his lawyers will not testify at the hearing this Monday, as reported by local media.
The Mexican actor, known for his performance in telenovelas such as «Lovely curse,” clarified that his decision was not subjected to any pressure.
Lyle thus left the way for Prosecution and defense will begin their closing arguments.
The prosecutor Gabriela Alfaro repeated to the jury the words “please do not hurt me”, supposedly the last of Hernandez before falling and fatally striking himself.
The defense presented parts of a statement from the actor in which he indicated that it was the first time that he had been involved in a situation like that and that he did it to protect his family.
The actor’s lawyers maintained that Lyle acted in self defense and requested, again, without success, the dismissal of the case under Florida state self-defense law, struck down.
The closing arguments will give way to the jury, made up of six members, start the deliberation process, whose deadline for making a decision was not made public.
Lyle’s decision – which was until the beginning of thebail trial and with electronic surveillance – of not declaring comes after he testified last Friday the forensic doctor who performed the autopsy on Hernández.
The coroner indicated that when the body of the Cuban was examined, it was found that had suffered a hemorrhage in the front part and back of the head.
The most awaited testimonial was that of Ana Araujo, Lyle’s wifethat on the day of the event he was in the vehicle with his two children.
Araujo maintained that he was very frightened and that he felt a strong blow to the vehicle during the incident.
He was beeping us very loud all the way, until we stopped and I started listening to a manor yelling and insulting, “he said in relation to Hernández.
He also pointed out that he had not seen the moment in which the actor hit Hernandez when facing backwards, in addition to qualifying that everything happened very quickly.
Lyle’s trial began last september 20 after several delays for the pandemic.
Lyle punched after an argument over a traffic issue Hernández, who died four days later in a hospital.
The events date back to March 31, 2019, when Lyle was on his way to the Miami airporti in a vehicle driven for his brother-in-lawor, Lucas Delfino, when they passed the car driven by Hernández.
At a red light, the Cuban got off to angrily recriminate to Delfino for a maneuver he had performed.
In the middle of the discussion, Lyle got out of the car and hit Hernandezwho, according to the images collected by the security cameras from a nearby gas station, he collapsed instantly.
If found guilty of manslaughter, Lyle could spend up to 15 years in prison.