Onion, jalapeño pepper and epazote. Decorate with lettuce
Try these delicious fried Mexican-style cottage cheese quesadillas, because you will love the cottage cheese filling.
- 4 cups of wheat flour, for the dough
- 1 cup corn flour, for the dough
- 1/2 cups vegetable oil, for the dough
- 1 teaspoon baking powder, for the dough
- 1 teaspoon salt, for the dough
- 1 cup water, for the dough
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cups onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup tomato, in small cubes
- 1/4 cups jalapeño pepper, in small cubes
- 2 cups of cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon epazote, finely chopped
- cooking spray, for the quesadillas
- lettuce, in thin strips, to decorate
- sour cream, to decorate
- fresh cheese, grated, to decorate
- red sauce, to accompany
Using your hands, mix the cornmeal, wheat flour, vegetable oil, baking powder, salt, and water in a bowl until smooth. If the dough is a bit dry, just add more water little by little.
Lid with non-stick plastic and reserve.
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat and cook the onion until shimmering. Later, add the tomato and chili, cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until the tomato dries out a bit and releases all its juices.
When this happens, add the cottage cheese and cook for 7 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and epazote. Booking.
Place a small plastic bag in a tortilla press so the quesadillas don’t stick together, then form a 5-6cm ball of dough, place it in the press and flatten as if you were making a tortilla, but not as thin.
Later, add a tablespoon of the cottage cheese filling and close, forming the quesadilla, but make sure to close the edge very well so that the filling does not come out.
Preheat the air fryer to 180 ° C and introduce two or three quesadillas so as not to drop the temperature and do not forget to spray with spray oil. Flip constantly and cook for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from air fryer. Booking.
Serve the Mexican-style fried cottage cheese quesadillas on an extended plate, decorate with lettuce, cream, grated cheese and serve with red sauce.