Cherry tomato, celery and onion. Garnish with avocado and parsley
This Mexican pasta salad recipe is perfect if you want to eat something delicious and very healthy.
- 5 liters of water, to cook the pasta
- enough salt, for the pasta
- 1 package of rotini, 500g
- 2 cups of tuna in water, drained
- 1/2 cups green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cups yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cups yellow corn, drained
- 1/4 cups celery, stalk only, diced
- 1/4 cups ham, diced
- 1/4 cups red onion, chopped into strips
- 1/2 cups Italian lettuce, chopped into small pieces
- 1 1/2 cups cream cheese, chopped into cubes, for the cream
- 1/4 cups chipotle chili pepper in adobo sauce, for the cream
- 1/4 cups olive oil
- enough salt, for the cream
- enough pepper, for the cream
- enough avocado, in squares, to decorate
- 1/4 cups cherry tomato, halved
- enough parsley, finely chopped, to decorate
Pour the water into a pot over high heat and season with enough salt, add the Rotini pasta once it comes to a boil and cook according to the time marked on the package.
Drain and reserve.
Add the tuna, the peppers, the corn, the celery, the ham, the red onion and the Italian lettuce in a bowl, then integrate the pasta. It perfectly incorporates all the ingredients.
For the cream: blend the cream cheese with the chipotle pepper and season with salt and pepper, then add the olive oil and if you like you can add a splash of milk.
You should get a creamy consistency.
Subsequently, add the cream to the salad bowl and integrate very well with the help of a spoon. If you feel that it lacks seasoning, you can season it right there.
Pour the salad mixture into a deep plate and arrange so that all the ingredients stand out, then decorate the Mexican pasta salad with the avocado, cherry tomato and sprinkle with parsley.