Puebla is favorite over Chivas; these are the teams most likely to advance to the Liguilla

Puebla is favorite over Chivas to advance in the 2022 Apertura playoff game. Photo: Puebla FC

The league of Opening 2022 continues to be defined with 4 of the 8 places already defined -America, Monterrey, Pachuca and Santos-. The rest of the classifieds will be known after the qualifying phase. playoff in which it is emphasized that Sweet potato growers from Puebla part as favorites to win the game against Chivas from Guadalajaraalthough on paper it is the most even game of all.

According to the specialized statistics site FiveThirtyEightthe poblana squad has the 55% chance to advance to the next round by 45% of Jalisco. However, the difference that puts those led by the Argentine Nicolás Larcamón in the quarterfinals is minimal, perhaps the weight of playing at home as the factor of greatest benefit.

Regarding football, there was no difference in points achieved during the regular phase of the MX League, because both clubs reaped 22 points. The aspect that determined Puebla’s best position in the table was the number of goals scored, since they registered 25 goals, while Guadalajara scored 19 (in goal difference both teams were also tied with +5).

Chivas de Guadalajara in game against Cruz Azul.  Photo: @Chivas
Chivas de Guadalajara in game against Cruz Azul. Photo: @Chivas

Playoff matches:

  • 5th tigers vs. 12th Necaxa
  • 6th Toluca vs. 11th FC Juarez
  • 7th Blue Cross vs. 10° Lion
  • 8th Puebla vs. 9th Guadalajara

Regarding the rest of the commitments, the favorites also respond to their place in the classification. Namely, Tigres, Toluca and Cruz Azul you are also more likely to get your ticket to the playoffs based on FiveThirtyEight. The UANL Tigers against the Necaxa Rays have the widest difference between one percentage and another.

Michael Herrera, Andre Pierre-Gignac and company will receive in the Volcano to the hydrowarm complex with the 80% chance of winning. The felines managed to add 30 units in the regular phase (and lost their direct place at the last moment with the victory of Santos Laguna). Meanwhile, their rivals scored 19 points and have only a 20% chance of advancing.

Tigres - club Tigres - Liga MX -Tigres UANL disciplinary commission liga mx fmf tigres sanction
Tigres will face Necaxa in the playoff of the Apertura 2022 of Liga MX. (Photo: Instagram/@clubtigresoficial)

In the meeting between Devils of Toluca and the Juarez Braves It is another of the duels with a great difference between one and the other. The Mexiquenses had an irregular semester that was reflected with only one victory in the last eight games, but even so, are favorites with 66% of probabilities. For their part, border residents are indicated with 33%.

Finally, the machine Blue Cross He got the reclassification match to be played on the field of the Azteca Stadium, where he plays at home, after achieving victory against Chivas on the last day. Positioned in the seventh position of the table, the cement growers will receive Liontenth, in a meeting that could also be classified as equalalthough not in probabilities: 62% for residents of the capital, by 32% for Guanajuato residents.

Thus, the quarterfinals are waiting to be completed with the best clubs of the Apertura 2022 waiting. From this quatrain, it is already determined that America (38 points), Monterey (35 points), Saints (33 points) and Pachuca (32 points) will close the quarterfinal series in front of their fans with the tiebreaker factor (position in the table) in their favor.

KEEP READING:

What prevented Perro Bermúdez from inviting Martinoli and Doctor García to his farewell tour

A uniform from Mexico with LGBT representation; the proposal of a renowned journalist for Qatar 2022

Christian “Chaco” Giménez praised his son: “There is no other Mexican with the present of Santi in Europe”

Source-www.infobae.com