The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of South Korea announced sanctions on Monday “in record time” against four persons and five entities allegedly linked to missile program of the North Korean regime after missile launches Pyongyang.
The decision was made in response to launch of long-range ballistic missiles on February 18 and short-range this Monday, February 20, which “represent a serious threat to the peace and stability of South Korea,” the statement admitted.
This is the fourth package of punitive measures against North Korea under the Administration of the South Korean President, Yoon Seok-yeol. In total, the government has sanctioned 31 people and 35 institutions since October last year, the ministry said.
The four people indicated by the Executive have been involved in transportation or export during North Korean military exercises for nuclear development and missile launch.
Among them are former member of the North Korean Economic and Trade Office in Mongolia, Lee Sung-woon; a representative of the North Korean Defense Ministry, Kim Soo-il; the representative of the Air Koryo Dandong office, involved in the transportation of electronic components to North Korea on behalf of the Rocket Industry Department, Seok Lee and a North Korean oil supplier Amtchentsev Vladlen.
Regarding the five sanctioned institutions, there are North Korean shipping companies allegedly involved in the development of nuclear weapons and missiles: Songwon Shipping Company; Dongheung Shipping Trading Company; Daejin Trading General Co.; Transatlantic Partners Pte and Velmur Management Pte, as indicated in the text.
For its part, the Government of Japan condemned the practices of Kim Jong-un and He called the event “scandalous.”
“This launch was a scandalous act that increased provocation against the international community“said the Japanese Prime Minister, Fumio Kishidareferring to the ICBM-class ballistic missile that fell into the Sea of Japan on Saturday.
“We will continue to put all our efforts into information gathering, warning and surveillance, and we will work closely with the United Statesas well as South Korea,” Kishida added.
This missile is a Hwasong-15 model that was activated in what the North Korean news agency KCNA described as a “surprise test”, according to information collected in turn by the official North Korean news agency yonhap.
This Monday morning, the North Korean regime launched a second ballistic missileas confirmed by the General Staff of the South Korean Army and the Japanese Government.
The model of the missile, which flew in the direction of the Sea of Japan, has not yet been specified, according to the official South Korean news agency, yonhap.
The first intercontinental missile was launched at around 5:21 p.m. (Japan local time) on Saturday from the outskirts of Pyongyang in an easterly direction.
the projectile crashed after flying for 66 minutes in the Sea of Japanabout 200 kilometers west of Watashimo-Oshima, in Hokkaidoand it is estimated that the distance traveled is about 900 kilometers with a maximum altitude of about 5,700, as revealed in a statement by the Japanese Government with the first information about the event.
For its part, the Ministry of Defense convened a meeting of senior officials under the supervision of the Deputy Prime Minister to address the “repeated launches of ballistic and other missiles, which threaten the peace and security of our country, the region and the international community,” the statement added.
(With information from Europa Press)
New North Korean provocation: launched two more ballistic missiles and warned that the Pacific could become a “firing range”
International observers have detected that the Iranian regime is close to having enough uranium to make a nuclear weapon.
The United States and South Korea responded to the missile launched by Kim Jong-un with maneuvers of B-1 nuclear bombers