PlayStation is ready for the jump to the second generation with its virtual reality device. On February 22, 2023, the viewers will be launched and since their arrival, users will have about 30 video games to take advantage of.
For this new version of Playstation VR2 has several changes. First of all, the controls will have haptic vibration so that players feel what is happening on the screen, the connection will be made through a single cable, the screen will be OLED with 4K resolution and HDR.
To this is added eye tracking by infrared light, motion sensor, proximity sensor and microphone.
About video games. The device will have several launch and others that are already available in other virtual reality viewers, which will be adapted to its technology.
Games available for PSVR2
For its arrival, the company will have an exclusive title of the viewer: Horizon: Call of the Mountain. What is a new story of the saga of They areand, that it will tell the life of a different warrior and there will be a closer contact with the beasts, in addition to relating to characters like Aloy, its protagonist, and others that are part of the franchise.
Another game that belongs to the company is Gran Turismo 7, that it will have a free update for the virtual reality device and that it will expand the experience of the players, since it will seek to convey the essence of being inside the car, take advantage of eye tracking for driving and the catalog of more than 450 available cars .
Games from third-party studios include Resident Evil Village Y No Man’s Sky. Two different experiences, the first focused more on action and terror with a high-quality setting, and the second focused on space exploration.
The options also give space for experiences of independent developers, as is the case with VR Kayaking: Mirage, a game to navigate through different scenarios in the world such as Costa Rica, Australia and Norway and that aims to bring the user closer to nature.
As well as 3D puzzle titles like puzzle places or a survival and adventure experience with Song in the Smoke: Rekindled.
Here is the complete list of the 30 games that will be available for now when the new virtual reality viewer is launched. PlayStation.
– After the Fall (Vertigo Games)
-Altair Breaker (Thirdverse)
– Before Your Eyes (Skybound Interactive, approximate date)
– Cities VR (Fast Travel Games)
-Cosmonious High (Owlchemy)
– Creed: Rise to Glory – Championship Edition (Survios, approximate date)
– The Dark Pictures: Switchback (Supermassive, approximate date)
– Demeo (Resolution Games)
– Dyschronia: Chronos Alternate (MyDearest Inc., Perp Games)
– Fantavision 202X (Cosmo Machia, Inc.)
– Gran Turismo 7 (via free upgrade to PS5 version of GT7)
-Horizon Call of the Mountain (Firesprite, Guerrilla)
– Vacation Simulator (Owlchemy)
– Jurassic World Aftermath (Coatsink)
-Kayaking VR: Mirage
– Kizuna AI – Touch the Beat! (Gemdrops, Inc.)
– The Last Clockwinder (Pontoco/Cyan Worlds)
– The Light Brigade (Funktronic Labs, includes PS VR and PS VR2 versions)
– Moss 1 and 2 remastered (Polyarc)
– NFL Pro Era (StatusPro, Inc., free update for PS VR2)
– No Man’s Sky (Hello Games, approximate date)
-Pavlov VR (Vankrupt)
– Pistol Whip (Cloudhead, free upgrade)
– Puzzling Places (Realities.io, free update)
– Resident Evil Village (Capcom, via free upgrade to RE Village PS5 version)
– Rez Infinite (Enhance)
-Song in the Smoke (17-Bit)
– STAR WARS: Tales from the Galaxy’s Edge (ILMxLab)
– Synth Riders: Remastered Edition (Kluge Interactive, free update)
– The Tale of Onogoro (Amata KK)
– Tentacle (Return)
– Tetris Effect: Connected (Enhance)
– The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners: Ch. 2: Retribution (Skydance, approximate date)
– Vacation Simulator (Owlchemy)
– What the Bat (Triband)
– Zenith: The Last City (Ramen VR, free update)
Video games in physical format say goodbye to gamers
The 10 exclusive video games for PlayStation in 2023
Is a new version of the PlayStation 5 coming? More and more rumors point to a launch in 2023