Some alleged images of tennis player Peng Shuai published on social networks by a journalist affiliated with the Chinese regime This Saturday they raised new suspicions about the player’s whereabouts.
Is about the first images that appear of the tennis player since concern about her disappearance began to grow more than two weeks ago, although it is impossible to determine when and where the photographs were taken.
In the pictures, retweeted by journalist Shen Shiwei from the state broadcaster CGTN, you can see the tennis player surrounded by stuffed animals wishing a “happy weekend” through the social network Wechat.
The WTA, which claimed “verifiable evidence” that the player is safe, has not yet commented on these images.
The former world number one in doubles has been missing since last November 2 accuse former Chinese Vice Premier Zhang Gaoli of sexually abusing her.
Also the ATP, through its president Andrea Gaudenzi, pointed out on Friday that the tennis player’s safety is the priority right now and that it is “vital” that there is some direct contact with her.
Formerly the television network CGTN sent another alleged statement from the tennis player in which she denied the abuses and assured that he was fine.
Both the WTA and other organizations such as Amnesty International and the UN have questioned the veracity of that statement.
For his part, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian said on Friday that he knew “nothing” of the case and that, in any case, “it is not a diplomatic matter”.
Peng shuai, one of the most important sports stars in his country, publicly accused the former deputy prime minister on November 2 of forcing her to have sex, in a post on social networks that was later deleted. Since then she has been missing. According to a screenshot of his verified account on Weibo, Peng stated that Zhang – who became a member of the Politburo Standing Committee – forced her to have sex and then they had an intermittent consensual relationship.
In the post published by the victim – which looks like an open letter addressed to Zhang-, Peng alleges an on-off relationship that lasted at least 10 years. The woman says she opened her heart to Zhang, who is now 75 years old. “Why did you have to come back to me, did you take me to your house to force me to have sex with you? Yes, I had no proof, and it was simply impossible to have it“, wrote. “I couldn’t describe how disgusted I was, and how many times I wondered if I’m still human. I feel like a walking corpse. Every day I acted, which person is the real me?”.
Peng He led the world doubles rankings in 2012 and won Wimbledon and Roland Garros, which led her to the pinnacle of tennis in her country.
(With information from EFE)
The shameful message of a spokesman for the Chinese regime to refer to the violation of Peng Shuai
A controversial email from tennis player Peng Shuai deepened doubts about her mysterious disappearance
The scandal over the sexual abuse of Peng Shuai grows: the Chinese tennis player is still missing and Naomi Osaka joined the campaign for her whereabouts