Fatalities from the launch of a Russian missile against a residential building in the town of Dnipro increased to 35including two children, while the injured amount to 75, the Ukrainian authorities reported Monday.
The head of the military administration of the region of DnipropetrovskValentin Reznichenko, in a statement collected by Ukrainian Pravdafurther assured that they are still looking for 35 neighbors of the apartment tower and whose fate is unknown.
“At night, the rescuers several more dead were pulled out from under the rubble of a high-rise building destroyed by a Russian rocket (…) The enemy attack has already claimed the lives of 35 residents of the house. Among them are two children,” Reznichenko said.
The military official assured that 75 injured people were rescued from among the rubble, including 14 childrenand that another 39 people were unharmed.
“The search for people under the rubble continues,” said the head of the State’s regional military administration in his note, who indicated that there are 35 residents whose whereabouts have been unknown since the attack took place on Saturday, and who could also be in building.
In the Russian attack, the residential building was hit by a Raduga KH-22 long-range missile, designed to be used against aircraft carriers and their escort flotilla and which can carry both conventional and nuclear warheads.
Dnipro city authorities have declared three days of mourning for the victims of the Russian attack.
Previously, the President of Ukraine, Volodimir Zelensky, had put the number of deaths in the Dnipro residential building at 30 this Sunday, and had assured that the missing were about thirty people.
“Dozens of people were rescued from the rubble, including six children. We are fighting for every person! The rescue operation will last as long as there is even the slightest chance of saving lives, ”Zelensky said then in his usual television address.
The missile impact destroyed a total of 72 apartments corresponding to two blocks of stairs and damaged more than 230 homes.
The building consists of 18 entrances with 36 apartments in each one; the total number of neighbors is 1,100.
Attack on Zaporizhzhya
Three people, two of them children, have been injured in a new attack with russian missiles recorded this morning in the Ukrainian region of Zaporizhzhyaaccording to local sources.
The injured, including a 9-year-old boy and a 15-year-old boy, were hospitalized.
According to the head of the regional military administration Oleksandr StarukhRussia “launched a rocket attack on the regional center and suburbs.”
“There is destruction of civil, residential and industrial infrastructure. Information was received about several minor injuries. All the relevant services are on the site”, he published early this Monday morning on his Telegram account.
On the same social network, the secretary of the Zaporizhzhia city council, Anatoliy Kurtev, specified the number of injured, three, and their transfer to the hospital to receive medical attention.
The emergency services work this morning in the zone of the impact of the missiles that caused the three injuries, according to the sources.
(With information from EFE)
Ukrainian troops began extensive new combat training with the US Army
NATO announced the shipment of more heavy weapons to Ukraine
Ukraine denounced the use of Kh-22 missiles in the attack on Dnipro, one of the worst Russian massacres of civilians since the invasion