The intelligence services of United Kingdom have highlighted this Tuesday that the “public disagreements” between the Russian Ministry of Defense and the wagner group reveal the “difficulties” in maintaining the current level of offensive against the Ukrainian city of Bakhmutlocated in the region of Donetsk (this).
“The public disagreements between the Wagner Group and the Russian Defense Ministry over ammunition delivery underscore the difficulty of sustaining the high level of personnel and ammunition required to advance with their current tactics,” they argued, according to a series of messages published by the British Ministry of Defense through its account on the social network Twitter.
Thus, they have stressed that “the Ukrainian defense of Bakhmut continues to degrade the forces on both sides” and have stated that “the Ukrainian forces probably stabilized their defensive perimeter over the weekend after previous Russian advances north of the city.”
“A Russian attack on or around March 2 destroyed a bridge over the only paved supply road in Bakhmut still under Ukrainian control. Muddy conditions are likely hurting Ukrainian supply efforts as they increasingly resort to unpaved routes,” they said.
The assessment of the British Intelligence services comes a day after the head of the Wagner Group, Yevgeny Prigozhina key ally of kremlin on the Ukrainian combat front, denounced that the Russian Government continues not to send the ammunition theoretically promised to its mercenaries and speculated on the possible reasons: “ordinary bureaucracy or treason”.
Prigozhin already accused Moscow in February of not supplying ammunition to Wagner’s mercenaries, with direct criticism of the military leadership in which he was already waving accusations of “treason”. After public reproaches, he announced that the issue had been resolved. However, on Monday he stressed that “most of the ammunition has not been sent.”
Meanwhile, Volodimir Zelensky He said on Monday that he had asked his military commanders to “find the forces” necessary to defend the city of Bakhmut, the epicenter of the fighting against Russian troops in the east of the country.
“I have asked the General Staff to find the appropriate forces to help the boys in Bakhmut”the president said in a video, in which he stated that “no part of Ukraine can be left” in Russian hands.
An adviser to the Ukrainian Presidency, Mikhailo Podoliak, told the news agency AFP that “there is a consensus among the military on the need to continue defending the city and [seguir] exhausting the enemy forces.
Podoliak specified that at the moment no decision has been made on a possible Ukrainian withdrawal from this city. But in case the Ukrainian troops decide to withdraw, Bakhmut’s defense will have been “a great strategic success”he assured. According to him, “Bakhmut’s defense achieved its goals”, by exhausting the Russian forces and give the Ukrainian army time to train “tens of thousands of soldiers, with which to prepare a counteroffensive.”
Earlier this Monday, the Ukrainian presidency stated that the Army plans to “reinforce” its positions in Bakhmutat a time of speculation about a possible withdrawal of kyiv forces from this town in the face of increased Russian attacks.
(With information from Europa Press)
Zelensky asked the Ukrainian Army to “find the strength” to defend Bakhmut from the Russian siege
kyiv announced that there are already 30 countries that support the creation of a court to judge Russian war crimes in Ukraine.
The video of the brutal execution of a Ukrainian soldier: “Another proof that this war is genocidal”
A 15-year-old girl disappeared in Ukraine: “They killed her parents and took her away”