The Israel Defense Forces confirmed the elimination of a senior Hamas official in the Gaza Strip, identified as Mohsen Abu Zinadescribed by the military as “one of the main weapons developers of the Islamist group.”
According to the military statement, Abu Zina He was a specialist in the creation of strategic weaponry and rockets and the operation that resulted in his death was carried out using an aerial missile, after detailed intelligence work on his whereabouts.
Israeli military authorities also reported the death of an additional soldier in their forces, bringing the total to Israeli military casualties to 31 since the start of its war with the Hamas terrorists.
The fallen sergeant, belonging to the Artillery Corpswas identified as Yaacov Ozeri. During the same series of nighttime clashes, two more soldiers were seriously injured, although no additional details on their condition were provided.
This Tuesday, Israeli forces carried out an operation against a group of militiamen accused of preparing the anti-tank rocket launch and They claimed to have neutralized “several terrorists” in said offensive.
The Israel Defense Forces have intensified their actions inside Gaza City, marking the first time in years that their troops have engaged in direct combat in the heart of the city, according to statements from Yaron Finkelmancommander of Southern Command of the Israeli Army.
The Israeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahureaffirmed his government’s position of not giving in to growing international demands for a ceasefire, declaring that the offensive would continue until the release of all hostages captured by Hamas.
Netanyahu spoke shortly after meeting last week with US Secretary of State, Anthony Blinkenwho pressured Israel to temporarily pause its offensive to improve humanitarian conditions in Gaza.
In a statement, Netanyahu said Israel continues with “all its power” and “rejects a temporary ceasefire that does not include the return of our hostages.”
This conflict, which began on October 7 after a bloody attack by the armed group, resulted in the death of more than 1,400 people and the taking of more than 240 hostages, according to Israeli sources.
On Monday, the Israel Defense Forces reported that in a air attack they shot down the commander of Hamas’ Deir al Balah battalionduring a nighttime aerial bombardment in the Gaza Strip.
The army report detailed that Wael Asfehalong with other commanders of the so-called Central Camps Brigade, had participated in sending terrorists from the Nukhba elite forces of Hamas against Israel during the October 7 attack.
In addition, he “planned additional attacks” after that day, the statement added. Video captured from the air shows a large explosion in an undetailed area of Gaza.
According to the profile offered by the Israeli authorities, Asfeh was imprisoned between 1992 and 1998 for his involvement in attacks against Israeli settlements, and over the years he “participated in promoting many attacks against Israeli civilians and IDF forces.”
(With information from AFP and EFE)