This Friday, the Israeli Army raised to 229 the number of hostages still in the hands of the Palestinian Islamist group Hamas and other militias in the Gaza Strip, kidnapped during the attack on Israeli soil on October 7.
The spokesman for the Israeli Defense Forces, Daniel Hagari indicated that they have informed the families of those 229 kidnapped people who are still being held in Gaza.
This figure does not include the four hostages who have been released so far by Hamas: the mother and daughter Judith and Natalie Raananwith American nationality and released a week ago, and the elderly Israeli women Yochved Lifshitz and Nurit Cooperreleased by the Islamist organization last Monday.
Yesterday, the spokesman for the Brigades Al QassamHamas’s armed wing, Abu Obeida, announced the death of some 50 hostages due to Israel’s bombing of the Gaza Strip, controlled by Islamists; something about which the Israeli Army has not wanted to comment so far.
Last week Abu Obeida said they had a total of 250 hostages – 200 held by the al Qasam Brigades and 50 held by other Palestinian militias.
According to data from the Israeli Government, more than half of those kidnapped have foreign passports from about 25 countries. Among those kidnapped there are at least 54 people of Thai nationality.
The IDF is also aware of the deaths of 310 militaryalthough the overall number of fatalities in Israeli territory amounts to around 1,400.
Hagari has accused Palestinian militants of using “humanitarian facilities” to harbor their “terrorist” interests, which “endangers the citizens of Gaza.” In recent weeks, the UN has confirmed attacks on schools, hospitals and homes and has asked all parties, including Israel, to respect International Law.
The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) reported that they have killed the battalion commander of Hamas in Western Khan Yunis, Madhat Mubasherin a night airstrike in Gaza Strip.
The Army stated that Mubasher “participated in sniper attacks and was responsible for large explosive devices (used) against IDF forces and Israeli cities.”
Furthermore, the IDF said that over the past day they have carried out more than 250 airstrikes against Hamas targets in the Gaza Strip.
He Israeli Army said this Friday that he has registered “an air threat in the Red Sea area” in the last hours, after the Egyptian Armed Forces confirmed that six people were injured after hitting a drone in the coastal town of Tabaon the peninsula of Sinai.
“During the last few hours, an aerial threat has been registered in the Red Sea area. “Fighter planes are being called in to confront it,” said the spokesman for the Israeli Army’s Arabic information channel, Avichay Adraeeon his X account (formerly Twitter).
He added that “the matter is still under investigation,” but according to the investigations carried out so far “the damage that has reached Egypt has been due to this threat,” without specifying or attributing the attack to any group.
Hamas attacked Israel on October 7 in an assault that left 1,400 dead, some 5,000 injured and the hostages it took to Gaza.
(With information from EFE)