Ukraine announced this Saturday that two civilian ships are currently sailing in the Black Sea on the way to its ports, for the first time since the grain agreement with Russia collapsed in Julywhich allowed it to export grains despite the invasion.
“The first civilian ships are entering the provisional corridor to reach Ukrainian ports“, announced the Ukrainian Minister of Infrastructure, Alexander Kubrakovon Facebook.
As detailed, “the cargo ships ‘Resilient Africa’ and ‘Aroyat’ have confirmed that they are ready to embark on the route to the port of Chornomorsk, to load nearly 20,000 tons of wheat destined for Africa and Asia”.
Both freighters sail under the Palau flag, and Her crew consists of sailors from Turkey, Azerbaijan, Egypt and Ukraine.
The two ships are the first to sail to ports in southern Ukraine since mid-July, despite the repeated threats from Russia that it could attack said ships.
In mid-July, Russia withdrew from the grain agreement signed in the summer of 2022 with kyiv under the auspices of the UN and Turkey. This agreement allowed, for a year and despite the war, the export of Ukrainian grains through the Black Sea, which was essential for the world food security.
Since then, Russia carried out a bombing campaign against Ukrainian port and grain infrastructure, a way, according to kyiv, to prevent the resumption of exports.
Ukraine denounced the bombardment of more than 300 Russian missiles against Kherson
The governor of the Ukrainian Kherson region, Oleksander Prokudindenounced this Saturday that the russian armed forces they shot some 325 shells with various types of weapons against its territory, located in the southeast of the country.
“Over the last day, the enemy launched 69 attacks firing 325 shells with mortars, artillery, Grads (mass launch missile systems), unmanned aerial vehicles and tanks,” Prokudin wrote on his Telegram channel.
According to the governor, at least 14 of the shells fell on the city of Kherson, the regional capital. Prokudin assured that No civilian casualties were reported from the attacks..
Local authorities ordered evacuations this Thursday in this region in the south of the country, partially controlled by Russian forces and regularly bombed.
“The Regional Defense Council of Kherson “decided to compulsorily evacuate families with children from those localities subjected to constant bombing by the Russian enemy,” the governor of the entity indicated on Telegram.
In this region, Russian troops control the areas south of the Dnieper riverafter having withdrawn last year from the regional capital, which is regularly bombed.
Prokudin also said that regional authorities are preparing to “emergency situations” in the electricity supply during the coming autumn and winter.
Last year, Russia carried out a massive bombing campaign against Ukrainian electrical infrastructure, causing constant power outages.
(With information from Europa Press and AFP)