Prince Andrew’s accuser, Virginia Giuffre, praised the court’s ruling that allows her sexual assault civil suit against the Duke of York to go forward with trial. and assured that “it will continue exposing the truth”.
“I’m pleased with yesterday’s ruling by Judge Kaplan allowing my case against Prince Andrew to go forward. I’m glad I got the chance keep exposing the truth and I am deeply grateful to my extraordinary legal team,” he wrote on his Twitter account.
“Their determination (of the legal team) helps me to seek justice for those who harmed me and so many others. My goal has always been demonstrate that the rich and powerful are not above the law and must be held accountable”, he added in another tweet.
“I am not walking this path alone, but together with countless other survivors of sexual abuse and human trafficking”, ended.
His lawyer, David Boies, told British media on Thursday that it is unlikely Giuffre, accept a “purely financial agreement” to end your civil lawsuit against british royalty for sexual abuse.
Boies made these statements after the US judge Lewis Kaplan rejects Prince Andrew’s motion, son of Queen Elizabeth, to have the civil case against him dismissed, paving the way for a possible civil trial in the fall.
Legal experts say one way to avoid trial for Andrew, 61, would be to settle out of court with Giuffre, 38, who claims the financier Jeffrey Epstein he trafficked her for sex with powerful people, including Prince Andrew, when she was 17. Andrew has always denied the allegations.
Boies said: “I think it’s very important to Virginia Giuffre that this matter be resolved in a way that vindicates her and the other victims.”.
“I don’t think she has a strong opinion right now., nor could I, as to what exactly the resolution should be. But I think what is going to be important is that this resolution vindicates her and vindicates the statement that she has made,” he told the show. Newsnight of the BBC.
Boyes pointed out that there had been no suggestions for deal discussions at this time. He said that before presenting the case they had “contacted” Andrew and the prince’s lawyers and suggested mediation, but “there was no interest in that at the time”.
“Whether or not that has changed, I think we’ll just have to wait and see.”, he claimed.
The lawyer added: “A purely financial deal is not something I think she would [Giuffre] be interested”.
After the decision of the American justice to reject the request of the prince to dismiss the complaint of sexual assaults, Andrew faces the prospect of Giuffre giving a detailed report in court.
The lawsuit that Giuffre filed in New York in August 2021 was “sexual assaults” that would have been perpetrated in 2001 in London, New York and the virgin islands Americans, residences of sexual predators Jeffrey Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell, friends of the prince.
Virginia Giuffre’s lawyer says she’s not considering a plea deal with Prince Andrew in sexual assault trial
Prince Andrew was closer to being tried for sexual abuse of minors in the United States: the justice rejected his request to dismiss the case
They revealed the secret agreement between the woman who accused Prince Andrew of sexual abuse and Jeffrey Epstein