Garlic, yogurt and walnut. Accompany with dressing
Shawarma is a typical Middle Eastern dish, which is characterized by having a mixture of spicy flavors.
- 4 tablespoons natural yogurt, to marinate
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced, to marinate
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, to marinate
- 1 teaspoon of hibiscus flower, powder, to marinate
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder, to marinate
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder, to marinate
- 1 teaspoon paprika, to marinate
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, to marinate
- 1/4 teaspoons cardamom powder, to marinate
- 1/4 teaspoons clove powder, to marinate
- 1/4 teaspoons nutmeg, to marinate
- 1/2 teaspoons ginger powder, to marinate
- 1 teaspoon turmeric, powder, to marinate
- enough salt, to marinate
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, to marinate
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes, to marinate
- enough olive oil
- enough of pita bread
- 500 grams of lamb meat, in strips
- to taste garlic sauce
- to taste yogurt sauce, tzatziki
- to taste Italian lettuce
- to taste red onion, in julianas
- to taste cherry tomato, in halves
- to taste cucumber, in half moons
To marinate: Mix the plain yogurt, minced garlic, olive oil, hibiscus powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, paprika, ground cinnamon, cardamom powder, clove powder, nutmeg, ginger powder, turmeric powder, salt, black pepper, and chili flakes in a bowl.
Add the shredded lamb meat to the marinade.
Mix and let rest for 10 minutes.
Heat a skillet over medium heat and cook the lamb meat for 10 minutes.
Heat a griddle, griddle, or skillet over high heat and heat the pita bread on both sides.
To assemble the shawarma: Arrange the Italian lettuce leaves on the pita, then add the meat, tzatziki sauce, garlic sauce, red onion, cherry tomato, and cucumber.