Vanilla, ginger and cream. Decorate with chopped nuts
Best of all, it is an ideal dessert for a cold afternoon, for a meeting with friends or to share with the whole family.
- 1 cup applesauce
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups oats
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoons clove powder
- 1/4 teaspoons ginger
- 3/4 cups of brown sugar
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups carrot, grated
- 1 cup walnut, finely chopped
- 1 cup of cream cheese, reduced in fat, for the bitumen
- 1/2 cups of whipping cream, for the bitumen
- 3 tablespoons icing sugar, for the bitumen
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- to taste caramelized nuts, to decorate or natural nuts
Blend the applesauce, eggs, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon, cloves, ginger, brown sugar and vanilla essence for 5 minutes or until smooth. homogeneous mixture. Pour into a bowl and reserve.
Add the grated carrot and the walnuts, then mix until integrated, pour into a rectangular mold with waxed paper and bake at 180 °C for 50 minutes.
Let cool and unmold.
For the bitumen: Beat the cream cheese, the whipping cream, the icing sugar and the lemon zest in a bowl with the help of a hand mixer.
Cover the carrot cake with oatmeal with the cream cheese frosting and decorate with nuts.