Twitter It is not the only platform that is testing the option to edit previously shared posts, if any. Now, WhatsAppthe messaging app property of Goal (Facebook) is also working on a feature that will allow you to edit messages that have been sent to recipients, as revealed by Wabetainfo.
The portal has also shared some important details about the feature along with several screenshots that show where the option is and how it works.
This is how the new button to edit messages in WhatsApp would work
The edit message button in WhatsApp appears to be an additional option to the ability to delete previously sent chats.
Specifically, this new function will allow correct poorly formulated texts, misprints or typographical errors without having to delete the original message and send a new one. The feature will appear when the user clicks on a specific chat, next to the option to copy or get more information.
By clicking the ‘Edit’ button, the content of this message will reappear in the text box for editing. The sender will have to press the send message button and WhatsApp will replace it.
Wabetainfo assures that, at least for the moment, the function does not show the editing history. As a result, neither the sender nor the recipient will be able to see the original message or if there have been previous edits.
It’s also unclear if the messaging app will show notifications when the text has been changed, like in slack, Discord either Telegram. On the other hand, WhatsApp can set a deadline to modify this message, as it has already done with the possibility of deleting them.
The new WhatsApp option has been wanted to be included in the platform for 5 years
Interestingly, this is not the first time WhatsApp has offered a message editing button. In fact, the company also considered bringing the feature to the app five years ago, though it was eventually removed.
However, this feature is still under development. As a result, it can take several months to reach all users. It will be available, yes, on all devices compatible with WhatsApp: iOS, Android and in the different desktop versions (website and apps).
On the other hand, the possibility of editing messages in WhatsApp will make the option of permanently deleting them mainly intended for delete those chats that users have regretted sending or that for any other reason you don’t want the recipient to read.
The method in WhatsApp to know if a contact is tracking my location in real time
– First, make sure that WhatsApp does not have pending updates in Google Play Store of Android either app store of iOS.
– Now, open the application and press the icon of the three vertical points that are located in the upper right corner.
– In the case of mobile iPhonetap on the Settingsit can be located with an icon of a cogwheel or gear.
– Now, access the sections Settings > Account > Privacy.
– Here press the section Real time location.
– All the people to whom the location was shared will appear in real time, it means that those contacts know where you are at all times.
– You just have to tap on the red button called stop sharing and voila, the location will have disappeared automatically.
Trial of Johnny Depp and Amber Heard: the best memes about the final verdict
A quantum computer managed in 36 microseconds to do what a classical computer would take almost 9,000 years
Alert with Word: new vulnerability allows access to a PC remotely