The Windows reset like restore system are two functions that may seem the same at first glance, but they are not. Therefore, Infobae explains in which situation these tasks can be carried out and shows why they are different.
What is resetting a computer or laptop
Reset will reinstall the Windows operating system on the computer. It can be considered as a kind of format where all data will be deleted and all third party apps will be uninstalled. The computer will be returned the way it was received when it was first purchased.
During the reboot process, you will be given an option to save your personal files. In that case, the files will not be touched, but all applications and settings (both applications and the operating system) will still be lost.
In short, the PC will have a fresh start. Although there is an option to not delete files. Infobae Tecno recommends that a backup copy be made in case of accessing this alternative.
It may interest you:
How to uninstall Microsoft Edge in Windows 11 and when it is recommended to do it
What is restoring a computer or laptop
computers with Windows 11 they take a weekly backup (snapshot) of the computer. Also, a backup is performed when the system detects any major changes. They can be updates, installations or uninstallations of software, etc.
Restoring the computer will revert all the changes that were made after the backup. The objective of this tool is to solve problems by sending the computer back in time, specifically to a point where there were no incidents of any kind and everything was working correctly.
What is worth noting here is that personal files will not be touched. Therefore we are also talking about applications and settings.
Similarities and differences
These two steps are often recommended when all other troubleshooting steps fail. When nothing works and you have important problems such as:
– Infection of malware.
– The system is damaged or keeps crashing.
– New drivers, OS or app updates work erratically.
The reinstatement it will revert your computer to factory state, giving you a clean PC to start over with.
Nevertheless, restore the computer is a better alternative. It will restore the system to an earlier point in time. At any time, more than one backup is available and you can also take them manually.
The advantage of restoring is that you don’t lose all the applications and their respective settings. Only all changes that were made after that point in time when the backup was made. That’s like a week’s worth of changes and personal files at the most that won’t be touched.
It may interest you:
How to customize the keyboard and identify colors in Windows
How to reset a Windows 10 or 11 PC
Here is the simplest and easiest way to reset your Windows 11 computer:
1. Open the Start menu, type “Reset this computer” and press the option Get in.
2. Now click on Reset PC.
3. In the next window, you will have two options to choose from: keep my files either Remove all. The Keep my files option will erase everything from the system, excluding files like documents and music. The option Remove all, on the other hand, will remove everything from the system, including files and applications. Infobae advises using the second, especially if you suffer from some type of virus or malware.
4. Now you have to choose if the operating system will be reinstalled downloading it from the cloud Or the local reinstall. Local reinstall will reinstall Microsoft Windows using files on the current system. While it avoids downloading Windows from the Internet, it can also fail if the installation is corrupted. On the other hand, the cloud download You will download a fresh copy of Windows from the official Microsoft website. Again, the latter is the one that is recommended to take.
5. Now all that remains is to follow the instructions on the screen to reinstall the operating system on the computer.
How to restore a Windows 10 or 11 PC
Restoring your computer to a previous point in time is also an easy process. Once again, it is extremely important to have a backup to be more sure. To do this, you must follow the following steps:
1. Find and open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
2. Search “Recovery” and select Recovery.
3. You can see that there is also an option to Create a restore point. press it.
4. Then click Open restore Sistem.
5. Click on Following in the popup window that follows to get started.
6. You will see the latest restore point now. query column Description Y Guy for more details. If you want to go further back in time, click Show more restore points.
7. Choose one according to user needs and continue by clicking Following. And voila, restore points are usually taken when everything was working perfectly.
Windows 11: guide to customize app icons
Windows 11 start menu will recommend websites
Putting the computer in sleep mode consumes or not energy